Suffolk Poetry Society, registered charity no. 1162298
- NOTICE of the Annual General Meeting 2017,
(65th AGM as Suffolk Poetry Society and 2nd as a charity)
Notice is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of Suffolk Poetry Society will be held at St John’s Church Hall, St John’s Street, Woodbridge IP12 1ED on Sunday March 12th 2017 from 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Welcome from the Chair, Florence Cox
- Apologies for Absence
- President’s address
- The Minutes of the last AGM held on March 6th 2016 to be agreed and matters arising.
- Chairman’s report
- To receive and consider the charity trustees’ 2016 report
- To receive and consider the accounts for year ended 31 December 2016
- Membership Secretary’s report
- Other reports (Twelve Rivers, Portfolio Group, Crabbe Poetry Competition)
- Election of officers and other committee members.
- Adoption of any 2017 AGM resolution(s) by the new committee of trustees.
- Any other business
- Close of Meeting
- Tea Break
The floor will then be open to readings by anyone present of poems related
to the subject of What Lies Beneath. Elizabeth Soule will co-ordinate these proceedings.
Note to members
Only paid-up members may vote at the AGM. Members who have not yet renewed, but intend to, are welcome to attend and can pay on the day.
It would be helpful if any member who cannot attend, sends their apologies to the Secretary (email@example.com or 5 Bolton Lane, Ipswich IP4 2BX) so these can be noted in the record of the meeting.
If any member wishes to put forward another resolution for the agenda, they should contact the Secretary without delay, by Thursday 23th February 2017 latest, so that a revised agenda can be issued 7 days prior to the meeting.
Please note that the charity has followed due process in seeking nomination of trustees ahead of the AGM. Should members wish to put forward any other nominations on the day, they should alert the Secretary immediately at the beginning of the meeting giving proposer and seconder details.
By order of the committee of charity trustees, Suffolk Poetry Society
Registered Charity number 1162298